Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Newest crafting obsession!

Yes folks, I have been two-timing my inks and stamps with another crafting obsession. Shhhh...don't tell them, but I have started down the path of no-sew fleece blankies! Actually, I have been looking for a craft that Sarah and I could do together to make useful Christmas gifts for Nana, Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Lori.

I think we have zeroed in on a choice!

These blankets are so easy a caveman could do it. Well, perhaps that takes it too far. Anyway, we did three test blankets (can't do just one when you have three kids!). I really like how they turned out and the girls all love that they have snuggly blankets for the couch. Just in time for our house to be set at a balmy 67 degrees for the winter.

Here are the three test subjects:

Mary's is on the left, Sarah's in the middle and Leah's on the right. I intended for these blankets to be used for couch dwelling during the winter months, but Mary & Leah have kidnapped their blankets and are holding them captive in their room.

As for the details, I made each one 2 yards (supposedly the size of an adult blanket). Each cut for the tied fringe is 5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide (because I'm lazy and wanted to get away with the least amount of labor possible). All in all, it only took me about 1.5 hrs per blanket. Not too shabby! I just hope that everyone on my Christmas list this year is prepared to receive one!

PS - First weigh-in today and lost 7.8 lbs! Yeah for water weight!

1 comment: