Sunday, April 5, 2009

I can't believe she did that

I know that all mothers of more than one girl probably goes through this situation at one point or another, so I shouldn't be shocked or surprised.

Mary lopped off a good hunk of Leah's hair tonight. Ug.

Leah had her hair up in a cute little bun and Mary decided to "trim" the fuzzy hairs that were sticking out of it. In the process, she actually cut Leah's hair down to the scalp in several places. While it was still up in the bun, it looked really, really bad. Like she was in chemo or something. Once we took it down, it wasn't completely and utterly horrible. It just looks really thin on one side.

Because Leah will now need to wear her hair down for the next oh 12 months or so, my sister came over to give Leah a haircut that would make her look somewhat decent until I get a chance to take her to a salon. Right now she is sporting a shoulder-length bob, which is about 5 or 6 inches shorter than her previous do. I'm just sad that I can't put her hair in braids anymore. It was finally long enough that braids looked cute.

Lori also put her facilitator's hat on and talked to Mary. She had been banished to her room for a good 1 1/2 hrs by that point. Lori and Mary came up with a suitable punishment that would cause Mary some anguish. She is giving up scissors for a very long time AND she is not allowed to have any animals in her bed for the next week. That second part is a real killer for Mary.

I didn't take any pictures of Leah's hair. I decided that we didn't really need to remember exactly how bad it looked. Especially since it will take a really long time for her hair to be normal again. I'm over being sad and upset now. The nice thing about hair is that it will grow back again soon. Well, maybe "soon" isn't the right word. Perhaps I should have said "eventually".

1 comment: