Friday, January 23, 2009

Working at home today

I'm so lucky that I can work from home. Right now I'm sitting here in my pjs watching some SAS code run. It is SOOO much better than doing this from the office. It is baffling to me why more businesses don't allow their employees to telecommute. I mean, I understand if you have a job that doesn't involve heavy computer usage, but otherwise, why wouldn't they?

Do they think their employees will get less done? I find it to be the opposite for me. Because I'm more conscious of my time while I'm at home, I make up any goof off time that I might have. I would bet that I get way more accomplished and I'm far more focused here than in my office cave.

The only thing that would make this better is if I had a wireless connection and a laptop. Then I could be the ultimate in telecommuters and be plopped on my couch with my feet up while I worked. Boy, that sounds like heaven! Getting paid to sit around on the couch! I'm really good at that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment